Be a smarter saver.
College is expensive, so be sure every dollar is working as hard as it can.
HI529 is committed to making as much of your contributions go toward education savings as possible, with features including:
- Low minimums. Get started with as little as $15 and make additional contributions of $15 or more.
- High maximums. Contribute up to $305,000 per beneficiary.
- Savings on autopilot. Make saving for college even easier by contributing automatically directly from your bank account with recurring contributions.
HI529 features low fees that cover all administrative costs associated with the program, such as:
- The cost of securely maintaining your account
- Oversight of the program’s investments
- Providing excellent customer service and account recordkeeping
- Low average costs. Total annual asset-based fees range from 0.55% - 0.66%, or as low as $5.50 a year for every $1,000 invested.
- No annual account maintenance fee for Hawai’i residents with a Hawai’i permanent or mailing address.